To donate to our flood recovery fund, click here.
Friday, October 22
Dear Rye Y Members:
Like many of you, we’re eager to see our pools open and filled with swimmers. We’re working hard to make that happen! As soon as we can ensure that the boiler is working properly—hopefully next week—we will reopen the Pa Cope pool. Please check our website for updates.
- The Brookside Pool will remain closed to refinish the inside of the pool which was severely damaged by the flood. We anticipate that the work will be finished in about a month.
- The Carver Center pool is currently closed due to a pipe break. The Darien YMCA and the New Rochelle YMCA are continuing to accommodate our members. If you plan to use these facilities, please click here for detailed information about their guidelines for visitors.
- The Fitness Center is open every day during facility hours. (See below.)
Facility Hours through Oct. 30
Face masks are required for everyone, ages 2 and up
Please note that the elevator is not yet working.
- Starting Sunday, October 31 we will expand our Sunday hours to 8am-4pm. At the start of Session 2, November 14, Sunday hours will be 8am-6pm.
- We are offering two pop-up Group Ex classes this Sunday: 8:30-9:30am-Group Power with Hanan; 9:30-10:15am- Zumba with Martha. Reservations are required for all Group Ex classes at the Rye Y. We also continue to offer Zoom classes. Please click here to view the schedule
- Open Gym times in the gymnasium: Monday-Friday from 12-1pm, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday from 7-9pm and Wednesday from 8-9pm. Family Basketball: Saturday from 12-4pm and Teen Basketball: Saturday from 4-6pm. Reservations required – up to 48 hours in advance.
- Session 2 program registration starts November 3 at 8am online. Watch for details!
Click here for more details
A Walking, Biking, Swimming or Rolling Challenge for Kids, Families and Adults
October 2-30, 2021 – Presented by Rye Recreation and the Rye Y
We’ll give you different routes across NYS; you’ll see how far you can go by tracking your steps or the biking, swimming or wheelchair rolling equivalent. Along the way, learn fun facts, and take our NYS Trivia Quiz! Free and open to all. Registration required. Click here to sign up. Frequently Asked Questions
A limited number of free pedometers will be given out to those who need one, courtesy of Greenwich Hospital. Every child will receive a prize and every participant will be entered into an exciting raffle!
You can now access dozens of Zoom group exercise classes and videos led by Rye Y instructors, all in one place! No registration or multiple links necessary. Log in with your 6-digit membership number (below the bar code on your membership card or smart phone app).
Click here to log on. (You can also find the site on the top right menu bar.). Click here for a short video to help you get started.
Click here for schedule