21 Locust Hours
Sunday: 8:00am-6:00pm. (Summer: 8am-1pm)
Y Studios Hours
21 Locust Avenue
Rye, New York
Phone: (914) 967-6363 Fax: (914) 967-0644
Y Studios (The Studios at the YMCA)
1037 Boston Post Road
Rye, New York
Phone: (914) 967-6363
New Year's Day
Wednesday, 11/22 – 5:30am-7:00pm
Thanksgiving Day, 11/23–CLOSED
Friday, 11/24 – 8:00am-6:00pm
Christmas Eve - 7am - noon (when on Sunday, 8am-noon)
New Year's Eve - Dec. 31 -open: 7am - 4pm (when on Sunday, 8am-4pm)
Directions to 21 Locust Ave.
From New York: I-95 Exit 19, get off at Playland exit, go straight down Playland Parkway. Turn right at access road (Rye, Harrison), turn right again and continue to light, turn right onto Theodore Fremd. Continue to the the second stop sign and turn right onto Locust Avenue. The Y is half-way down the road on your right. Turn down Mead Place and park in the rear.
From Connecticut: I-95 South to Exit 21 Midland Avenue. Turn left, then right at light onto Peck Avenue. Turn left on the next light onto Boston Post Road. Then turn right at light onto Purdy Avenue. (Shell station on corner). At the next traffic light turn left onto Purchase Street. Locust Avenue is the 2nd stop sign on the right. Turn left onto Mead Place to park in lot.
From Cross Westchester 287 East to Exit 11, Rye. Turn right onto Boston Post Road (Route 1) Go to the second light and turn right onto Purdy Avenue (Shell station on corner.) At the next traffic light turn left onto Purchase Street. Go to 2nd stop sign and turn right onto Locust Avenue. The Rye Y is on your left, turn left onto Mead Place to park in the lot.
From Hutchinson Parkway, traveling North, Exit 25 Harrison - White Plains, North Street. Turn right off exit onto North Street. Go to the second light and turn left (St. Vincent's Hospital), continue on North Street. Take first left after Willow Ridge Country Club, onto Locust Avenue. Go through traffic light (cross over Theo Fremd Avenue). Rye Y is on your right. Turn onto Mead Place, just before the Y to park in the lot.
From Hutchinson Parkway - Traveling South, Exit 25 Harrison - White Plains, North Street. Turn left onto North Street. Go to the second light and turn left (St. Vincent's Hospital), continue on North Street. Take first left after Willow Ridge Country Club, onto Locust Avenue. Go through traffic light (cross over Theo Fremd Avenue). Rye Y is on your right. Turn onto Mead Place, just before the Y to park in the lot.
We offer free parking at both 21 Locust Ave and 1037 Boston Post Rd. We offer assisted parking at 21 Locust Ave. Metered municipal parking is also available in nearby public lots. We realize that at certain times it can be very frustrating to find an available space in the lot. We have built the maximum number of spaces possible on our site and are working on ways to ease the strain of parking, including moving some classes and activities around to different days and times.Below are our safe parking guidelines and some suggestions to help with parking issues:
- Please be mindful that Mead Place is a residential neighborhood and therefore, we encourage members to park in the YMCA lot to ensure the safety of the residents who live there, and to abide by the various parking restrictions on the neighboring streets of the YMCA (e.g., one side of the street parking on Mead).
- There is no left turn out of the Y lot and no right turn into the lot from residential part of Mead Place. Signage reflecting this is clearly in place
- Make use of the assisted parking service that is available M-F, 8am – 7:00pm and Saturdays 8am – 2pm.
- Please note that during peak usage hours, cars may be double parked to accommodate as many members as possible. Our valets will need to move cars in and out, so please factor in more time when arriving and departing the YMCA
- Don’t forget to leave your keys with the parking attendant when valet parking!
- For everyone’s safety, park in designated spaces only.
- The speed limit in our parking area is 5 mph. Please be safe, do not speed.
- Consider carpooling, biking, or visiting during off peak hours. We also offer classes at Wainwright House.
- Only park in the Y lot when you are actually using the Y. Commuter parking is absolutely forbidden!
- When at maximum capacity, and in rare instances only, the valets have been instructed to temporarily close the lot until spaces become available. This is done in order to keep the lot safe and passage in/out of the lot clear for members and emergency vehicles.
Everyone’s experience at the Y will improve if the suggestions above are taken seriously. The Y’s four core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility need to be exemplified both inside the building and in the parking lot. We thank you in advance for your cooperation and patience!
Alternative Parking Close by to the Y
During busy times, parking may not be available at the Y and we recommend that you park in a nearby municipal parking lot. Parking in municipal lots is free on Sunday and in the evenings. Monday through Saturday, from 9 am to 6 pm there is a fee. Click here to view a map highlighting nearby parking.