Hours of Operation:
Effective March 2, 2022, masks will be optional for everyone throughout the Rye YMCA, as per CDC, OCFS and New York State’s new guidance.
The CDC updated its guidance on February 25, 2022 to reflect the declining numbers of cases in many areas of the country. Indoor masking is no longer necessary in counties with low transmission rates. This includes Westchester County. (Click here
to view the CDC’s new criteria and transmission level map.). Over the weekend, Governor Hochul announced that masks will be optional in schools as of this Wednesday, March 2. Today, the Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) announced that masks are no longer required in our licensed child care programs as of March 2.
As always, we will continue to monitor guidance and local health data from the CDC and New York State and adjust our COVID related protocols accordingly. We encourage you to continue to take precautions to protect yourself and others from COVID-19 based on the community level in your area.
The following safety protocols will continue to be in effect:
Advance registration for group exercise classes and lap swim. We will also continue to offer outdoor and online classes.
Sanitizing of all surfaces throughout the day.
Use of MERV 13 air filters with air intakes fully open to allow for more fresh air.Click here for Member Responsibilities
Most of our facility, including the pools, fitness center, gymnasium and group ex studio are open. Please view our program guide to view our programs, including youth swim, sports, gymnastics child care and adult fitness.
The below protocols were developed in accordance with CDC guidelines and the recommendations of state and our local government authorities.
Before you come to the Y
- All members must sign a pre-arrival waiver for adults and minors. To ensure a safe, contact free process, we ask that all members sign the waiver electronically before coming to the Y. Please click here for instructions.
- Members must make a reservation for group exercise classes and most pool usage. We are currently accepting reservations 48 hours in advance. For details on reservations, click here
- Please note, lap swim is open to ages 15 and up and group exercise to ages 14 and up.
- Bring any small equipment you need – i.e. kick board, mat etc.
Staying Safe Together at the Y
- Please use hand sanitizer before you enter the building, periodically while you are at the Y and before you leave the building. Hand sanitizer is stationed throughout the building. When you use the restroom, be sure to follow CDC hand washing protocol. Click here for our facility safety and cleaning details.
- Members will scan in using their phone app or membership card
- No guests or Nationwide Memberships allowed
Pool Guidelines and schedule
Fitness Center Guidelines
Group Exercise Guidelines and schedule
COVID related Updates from the Rye Y (archive)
© Rye YMCA. All Rights Reserved. Site by